Vaccinations are a controversial topic. For those in the natural living and health fields it is counterintuitive to inject the body with foreign contaminants in an attempt to trick the immune system into doing its job. It goes against the fundamental premise that the body is intelligent enough to heal itself and will heal itself if given the right tools and building blocks. Currently we see these vaccines being dispensed with no medical oversight or caution. You can walk into your local drug store and be injected on the spot by a pharmacy tech with no rhyme or reason other then to sell a vaccine. It has been found without question time and again that there are many adverse side effects, especially for children and their effectiveness is scantly supported. Even on the CDC's web site it states, "How well the flu vaccine works (or its ability to prevent influenza illness) can range widely from season to season and also can vary depending on who is being vaccinated. During years when the viruses in the vaccine and circulating viruses are not well matched, it’s possible that no benefit from vaccination may be observed.However, even during years when the vaccine match is very good, the benefits of vaccination will vary across the population, depending on characteristics of the person being vaccinated and even, potentially, which vaccine was used.
Here are just a few reasons why we recommend not getting your flu vaccine:
- A new scientific study published inThe Lancetreveals that influenza vaccines only prevent influenza in 1.5 out of every 100 adults who are injected with the flu vaccine (1)
- Neurological problems due to nerve damage after vaccination are a fairly common adverse event with flu vaccines. In 1976, there were more cases of Guillain-Barre Syndrome reported after vaccination than there were confirmed cases of Swine flu.(2)
- The Sanofi-Aventis flu vaccine known as "Fluzone" is causingfebrile seizuresin children, said the FDA According to the FDA, 42 cases of seizures have been reported in children receiving the Fluzone vaccine. Most of the children suffering seizures are under the age of two. (3)
- A new study just published in theCochrane Systematic Reviewconcludes: "Evidence for the safety and efficacy of influenza vaccines in the over 65s is poor, despite the fact that vaccination has been
recommended for the prevention of influenza in older people for the past 40 years." (4)
- You may not even get protection against the intended virus. Why? First, because viruses change over time. The piece that was in the vaccine may not 'look' the same (chemically) as the real thing (months
later, after all!). Second, the vaccine may not have given you enough stimulation to fight off the disease.
- There is no single virus that causes the flu; there is no one flu vaccine that protects against all of them.
- The vaccinated population has a much higher rate of infections than the non-vaccinated population. For example, research shows that vaccinated versus unvaccinated children suffer: - five times more asthma - nearly three times more allergies - over three times more ear infections - over four times more apnea and near miss cot death - nearly four times more bouts of recurring tonsillitis - ten times more hyperactivity
- Vaccinated children also have 317% more ADHD, 185% more neurologic disorders and 146% more autism than non-vaccinated children.
It is a better overall health approach to strength your body and your immune system so that you do not get sick to begin with. Although the flu germ is powerful it will not find ground to take root and grow in within a healthy body. Here are a very great ways to strengthen your immune system.
Vitamin C is an immune system power hours. It helps to protect you from getting colds and flus and in large quantities can cure the same cold and flus. For immune system support take 1,000mg for every decade you have been alive. To cure take 1,000mg every 3 hours from the first symptom and for 7 days following your sicnkness.
B-complex vitamins are what help to create energy at the cellular level and help the immune system stay strong and active. Take 2 capsules daily, increasing your intake during stressful times. Take 1 capsule every 3 hours from the first symptom and for 7 days following your sicnkness.
ZincZinc is a helpful mineral for protecting against colds and keeping the immune system strong. Take 25mg daily for maintenance and increase to 60mg per day from the first symptom and for 7 days following your sicnkness.
Vitamin D3If you live in a year round warm sunny area, you'll need to make sure you get plenty of sun to skin exposure daily, without sunscreen. If your regional climate restricts sun exposure, as during the winter months, take 5,000-10,000 units of Vitamin D3 daily.
Your body contains ten times more bacteria than cells. Most of them have to be friendly. Friendly bacteria not only attack pathogenic bacteria and fungi, but also they trigger appropriate white cell reactions to invaders and they influence your mental/emotional state. You can get probiotics through yogurt, Greek yogurt, Kefir, Kombucha or through supplementation.
Moderate exercise, even walking a mile or two at least three times a week, helps your lymph system cleanse impurities to boost your immune system. Get and keep moving!
Elderberry for Cures
Elderberry extracts or syrups have been clinically proven to help get over colds and flu. Elderberry is an all natural herb. It's not a drug. Take 1 dropperful of the liquid herbal extract every 3 hours from the first symptom and for 7 days following your sicnkness.
If your cold or flu is viral in natural taking the herb Ecinacea prevents the virus from proliferating once it has invaded your body. This cuts down on the duration of time you will stay sick.
Sugar slows down the immune system and prevents it from doing its job. It also contributes to catching a cold or flu bug so switch to natural sweets during the winter months.
Eating raw foods and drinking raw juices helps to cleanse the body, provides the body with a huge amount of living vitamins, minerals and phytochemcials and gives you active enzymes to help the immune system stay strong and fight off nasty bugs. Drink at least 1 glass of fresh veggie juice a day and eat at least 50% of your daily foods raw. If you do get sick, drink a glass of fresh fruit and veggie juice every hour and eliminate all cooked foods except warm nourishing soups.
Eat more Garlic and Onion
Besides being rich in antioxidants and selenium, garlic is antibacterial and antiviral. Both garlic and onions are part of the Allium family, which is rich in sulfur-containing compounds responsible for many of their health-promoting effects.
Strengthen your body, strengthen your immunity.